Marriage Counseling in DallasHelping Couples Reconnect
Marriage Counseling in Dallas, TX
*Services Also Provided Online Throughout Texas*
You feel stuck, frustrated. Despite your best efforts, your partner doesn’t seem to understand you. You used to think that things would get better with time, now you fear they’re only getting worse. Part of you wonders, “what happened to the person I married?” You can rebuild what you once had (or create something even better).
Some common reasons couples seek marriage counseling:
- You’re tired of having the same fight over and over again.
- You feel like, no matter what you do, it’s never good enough.
- You’re afraid to be honest about what’s bothering you.
- One of you suspects or knows the other has had an affair.
- One (or both) of you wants out of the relationship.
- Either of you thinks you’re having sex more or less often than you should.
- You’ve wondered if you still love your partner or if they really love you.
There is Hope for Your Relationship.
Meet Mark Cagle, LPC
Marriage Counselor in Dallas
Unlike most therapists, who say they work with couples, Mark specializes in couples therapy.
Your search for a qualified marriage therapist ends here.
My promise to you is that if you schedule your free 30 minute consultation, I will help you find the help your relationship needs- even if it’s not with me.
I know that finding a qualified, caring, competent marriage therapist is hard. After all, 80% of therapists claim they work with couples when only a fraction of them have specialized training to do so.
This is one of the many reasons why marriage counseling can be ineffective (as well as frustrating, time consuming, and a waste of money!)
Your relationship deserves better. You deserve better. So schedule your consultation today!
Why Marriage Counseling Sometimes Sucks
(and why working with Mark doesn’t suck)
The number one reason marriage counseling sometimes sucks is that there are so many therapists out there who think they know what they’re doing when they don’t.
You line up 5 therapists and then ask them if they work with couples. 4 of them will say yes. But chances are they’ll also tell you that they work with individuals, children, adolescents, the elderly, families, and potatoes.
Basically, they’ll work with anyone with a pulse and a credit card.
Now, I’m not saying that these therapists are evil or that they are taking advantage of people- far from it. Working with one of them may be very beneficial. But, you know, it also might not be.
No therapist can guarantee results, so I can’t either.
What I can tell you is that I know couples. I work with couples every day in my practice. I have attended specialized training, just for working with couples.
A second reason marriage therapy can be ineffective is that society (including many therapists) give up on relationships when the going gets tough.
No one is free from bias or judgment, but many therapists don’t even realize they have them.
When I work with couples who have “been in therapy before,” I see it. The couple felt stuck and needed help. But when the therapist felt stuck, they suggested the couple break up.
And don’t even get me started on individual therapists who judge a relationship without getting the partner in the room…
Marriage isn’t easy, and marriage therapy isn’t easy either.
This is true no matter which side of the room you sit on.
The question is: Do you want a therapist who will give up on your marriage when it gets tough? Or do you want a therapist who will hold hope for your relationship when all hope feels lost?
Just give me 30 minutes of your time, and I know you’ll tell the difference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Take Insurance?
The short answer is no. I don’t bill insurance companies directly and am considered an out-of-network provider.
This means that you are responsible for paying the fee for service at the time that it’s provided to you.
I can provide you with a special receipt called a Superbill which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
You can learn more about my fees and why I don’t take insurance here.
How Much Is Couples Counseling?
There is no doubt that couples counseling is an investment in your relationship and its future, but it’s hard to say what that investment’s worth. My fee is comparable to other experienced therapists in Dallas.
Some of the benefits of working with me include:
- Every couple starts with a two-hour intake- We dive right in. Neither of you have time to waste.
- Weekly 90-minute sessions until your goals are met. I want you to get the results you’re looking for as soon as possible.
- Convenient online scheduling and flexible hours- Can’t make the same appointment time each week? No problem.
- Saturday, early morning, and evening appointments to fit your busy schedule.
- Automatic appointment reminders, so you know when your next appointment is.
- Flexible rescheduling- While I have a 24-hour cancellation policy, this is waived if you reschedule in the same week.
- Note: Does not apply to appointments after 6pm or Saturdays. Repeat offenses may incur the full fee.
- Quick response to your emails and phone calls as well as secure messaging through the client portal.
- Check-ins between appointments available- I know this can be a difficult time.
Please schedule a free consultation to learn more about the fees for the particular service you are seeking.
Is Online Counseling As Good As In-Person?
Yes! You get all the benefits of effective marriage counseling without having to leave your home or office.
Plus, you don’t have to allocate time for travel or risk getting stuck in traffic.
Clients also say that being in the comfort of their own home makes it easier for them to open up.
Is Online Counseling Confidential?
Absolutely! All appointments occur through my online client portal which is HIPAA-compliant and secure.
All you have to do is click the link to join the session when it’s time to start. You can even do this from your smartphone or tablet, and there’s absolutely nothing to download.
Are The Sessions Recorded?
Nope! Whether online or in-person, no session content- whether video or audio- is stored or recorded.
Do You Offer Evening Appointments?
Yes. Evening and Saturday appointments are available to fit your busy life. Evening sessions do tend to fill up quickly, and many couples find ways to meet during the day.
Schedule your free consultation to find out how this might work for you and your partner.
Have More Questions?
Schedule your free 30 minute consultation now.