Marriage Counseling in Dallas, TX
*Services Also Provided Online Throughout Texas*
You feel stuck, frustrated. Despite your best efforts, your partner doesn’t seem to understand you. You used to think that things would get better with time, now you fear they’re only getting worse. Part of you wonders, “what happened to the person I married?” You can rebuild what you once had (or create something even better).
Some common reasons couples seek marriage counseling:
- You’re tired of having the same fight over and over again.
- You feel like, no matter what you do, it’s never good enough.
- You’re afraid to be honest about what’s bothering you.
- One of you suspects or knows the other has had an affair.
- One (or both) of you wants out of the relationship.
- Either of you thinks you’re having sex more or less often than you should.
- You’ve wondered if you still love your partner or if they really love you.
There is Hope for Your Relationship.
Meet Mark Cagle, LPC
Marriage Counselor in Dallas
Unlike most therapists, who say they work with couples, Mark specializes in couples therapy.
Your search for a qualified marriage therapist ends here.
My promise to you is that if you schedule your free 30 minute consultation, I will help you find the help your relationship needs- even if it’s not with me.
I know that finding a qualified, caring, competent marriage therapist is hard. After all, 80% of therapists claim they work with couples when only a fraction of them have specialized training to do so.
This is one of the many reasons why marriage counseling can be ineffective (as well as frustrating, time consuming, and a waste of money!)
Your relationship deserves better. You deserve better. So schedule your consultation today!
But We've Tried Marriage Counseling Before...
Marriage Counseling with me is different:
1. Most therapists focus primarily on healing shame- on bringing the person who's "one-down" or inferior up to level. I am just as concerned with bringing the "one-up" person down to level.
2. I'm not neutral or unbiased. I call a spade a spade. I take sides in order to restore balance. There are no "good guys" or "bad guys," but there is definitely bad behavior.
3. It's one thing to call out a person's bad behavior, and some therapists are good at that. But that's not enough. You need to teach people what they should be doing. Getting them to stop driving a wedge between themselves and their partner is one thing; showing them how to reconnect is another.
4. I don't want you to stay in therapy forever. I help couples make swift and lasting changes in their relationships.
5. There are reasons we act the way we do in our intimate relationships, and I address these issues in session- in front of your partner. It's about helping a person change their relationship to themselves as well as their partner.
6. Traditional therapists act like the expert in the room. I'm on this journey with you. The reason I know that the skills I'm teaching work is because they have helped me improve my own marriage, and I will share these experiences with you when appropriate.
7. Many couples therapists attempt to become the tie breaker during a couple's conflict. They want to help the couple come to a single objective reality. The problem is that this doesn't exist in personal relationships. Who's right? Who's wrong? Who cares?
8. Empathy and validation are wonderful tools and necessary for effective therapy to take place. However, they're not enough to make lasting change. I coach, confront, and teach my clients how to live relationally.
9. Relational mindfulness means being aware of where you are as well as where your partner is. I help couples meet in the middle- neither one-up nor one-down. Being able to meet each other as "same-as" is where true intimacy occurs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Take Insurance?
The short answer is no. I don’t bill insurance companies directly and am considered an out-of-network provider.
This means that you are responsible for paying the fee for service at the time that it’s provided to you.
I can provide you with a special receipt called a Superbill which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
You can learn more about my fees and why I don’t take insurance here.
How Much Is Couples Counseling?
There is no doubt that couples counseling is an investment in your relationship and its future, but it’s hard to say what that investment’s worth.
Some of the benefits of working with me include:
- Every couple starts with a two-hour intake- We dive right in. Neither of you have time to waste.
- Weekly 90-minute sessions until your goals are met. I want you to get the results you’re looking for as soon as possible.
- Convenient online scheduling and flexible hours- Can’t make the same appointment time each week? No problem.
- Saturday, early morning, and evening appointments to fit your busy schedule.
- Automatic appointment reminders, so you know when your next appointment is.
- Flexible rescheduling- While I have a 24-hour cancellation policy, this is waived if you reschedule in the same week.
- Note: Does not apply to appointments after 6pm or Saturdays. Repeat offenses may incur the full fee.
- Quick response to your emails and phone calls as well as secure messaging through the client portal.
- Check-ins between appointments available- I know this can be a difficult time.
The initial 2-hour intake: $375
Ongoing 90-minute sessions: $270
Is Online Counseling As Good As In-Person?
Yes! You get all the benefits of effective marriage counseling without having to leave your home or office.
Plus, you don’t have to allocate time for travel or risk getting stuck in traffic.
Clients also say that being in the comfort of their own home makes it easier for them to open up.
Is Online Counseling Confidential?
Absolutely! All appointments occur through my online client portal which is HIPAA-compliant and secure.
All you have to do is click the link to join the session when it’s time to start. You can even do this from your smartphone or tablet, and there’s absolutely nothing to download.
Are The Sessions Recorded?
Nope! Whether online or in-person, no session content- whether video or audio- is stored or recorded.
Do You Offer Evening Appointments?
Yes. Evening and Saturday appointments are available to fit your busy life. Evening sessions do tend to fill up quickly, and many couples find ways to meet during the day.
Schedule your free consultation to find out how this might work for you and your partner.
Have More Questions?
Schedule your free 30 minute consultation now.